Venue and Travel
How to get to the LISA VIII conference
- The meeting for registration is fixed on Tuesday, June 6 at the "Art Café", a restaurant located at the top of the Museum of
Modern and Contemporary Art of Strasbourg ("Musée d'Art Moderne")
- The conference (Wednesday, June 7 to friday, June 9) will take place at the European Doctoral College ("Collège Doctoral
To find an Hotel
Download (pdf) the hotel lists selected by the University : Hotels in Strasbourg
How to get to the European Doctoral College
The European Doctoral College (EDC) is located on the Esplanade campus, near the city-center. The "EDC" is number 40 on the detailed campus map. The building entrance is on Boulevard de la Victoire.
From Strasbourg railway station
You can :
- Walk here in 40 minutes by first going towards the cathedral, then towards the University via the river bank and Boulevard de la Victoire.
- Take a direct tramway from the station: Take the "C" tramway and get off at the "Observatoire" stop, you will see the building immediately to the right of the gas station. Journey time: approximately 20 minutes, depending on the tramways frequency
- Take the bus: Bus line "2a" takes you from the train station to the "Esplanade" round-about. You then need to walk across the campus to find the EDC.
From Strasbourg-Entzheim airport
Take the shuttle train to the main train station (journey is 7 minutes). From there, follow directions given in the section above.
To view the Strasbourg road map, click here: plan interactif de la Communauté Urbaine de Strasbourg.
Please note that there are no parking spaces available at the EDC as we encourage cycling and public transport. Two parking spaces are however provided for disabled residents only.
Collège Doctoral Européen
46 boulevard de la Victoire